Sunday 17 November 2013

Heavy Weather: Vostroyan Chimera

The job lot of Vostroyans that I got hold of recently included a Chimera, so I thought I'd paint it up as a another test mini. When this detachment is finished, I am planning to have two Chimera, two Valkryies and three Sentinels, so I need to come up with a way of doing Vostroyan armour that I'm happy with.

Tanks can be pretty dull, so I decided that I would go for a heavily weathered look, and experiment with some simple unit markings using paint rather than transfers.
Overall I'd say that has been a moderately successful experiment. I think that doing the Sentinel will be a bit more fun because it is a smaller model with a lot more going on, and I've learned quite a lot from this project that should help me to make the walker look really nice.

2 comments:

  1. You might want to have a look at getting some Typhus Corrosion that GW just brought out...it looks the business when you use it to weather tanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am off to GW in a minute to have a look but I am pretty sure they've sold out...

    ReplyDelete