First, the base colours go on over a black undercoat. I use a mix of Vallejo, old and new GW paints. Where I've used anything else, I've listed the alternative in GW's current range.
- Jacket and Boots: Vallejo Black / GW Abaddon Black
- Denim: Vallejo Heavy Blue / GW Macragge Blue
- Grenades: GW Waagh Flesh
- Metal: Vallejo Gungrey / GW Leadbelcher
- Weapon Casings: GW Castellan Green
- Leather, Hair: GW Mournfang Brown
- Flesh: GW Tallarn Flesh / GW Cadian Fleshtone
- Bandana: GW Mechrite Red / GW Wazdakka Red
- Base: Vallejo Neutral Grey / GW Mechanicus Standard Grey
- Metal, Grenades: GW Badab Black / GW Nuln Oil
- Flesh: GW Ogryn Flesh / GW Reikland Fleshshade
- Leather, Hair, Bandana: GW Devlan Mud / GW Agrax Earthshade
This scheme follows a pretty standard approach - base, wash, the re-touch with base colour. Most of the mini gets its first set of highlights using the base colours, so I've not re-listed them all - they are same as in the first step. There are two exceptions - the leather and denim get a drybrush highlight with a different colour.
- Denim: Drybrush GW Space Wolf Grey / GW Fenrisian Grey
- Leather: Drybrush Vallejo Heay Warmgrey / GW Rakarth Flesh
- Base and Leather: GW Badab Black / GW Nuln Oil
- Denim: GW Asurmen Blue / GW Drakenhof Nightshade
- Flesh: GW Kislev Flesh
- Leather / Hair: GW Mournfang Brown mixed with bone
- Metal: GW Runefang Steel
- Weapon Casing and Grenades: GW Ogryn Camo
- Bandana: Vallejo Crimson / GW Evil Sunz Scarlet
Finally, some finishing touches, including some gloss varnish on the metal lenses... The idea was to create a mirror shade effect but I am not that convinced. Worth a try though.
- Base: Drybrush Vallejo Heavywarmgrey
- Bandana: Glaze GW Bloodletter
- Lenses: Varnish GW Hardcoat
This chap is ready for the underhive! I have glued him up with two pistols to represent a model in my gang who rolled the Gunslinger ability. Two autopistols at short range can be deadly.