Sunday 14 September 2014

The Emperor's Champion

After spending a long time on Grukk I wanted a nice, man-size single mini to do for a low intensity painting week with something reasonably nice to show off at the end of it.
This was picked out from what I call my "5th edition shelf". When I got back into 40k in late 5th edition, metal models in blisters were getting rarer and rarer and I spent far too much money trawling eBay for stuff that I didn't really need. Oh well, the deal I did with myself is that it will all be painted - eventually! The motto: "You bought it, you painted it!"
This mini is in what I call the "dull spot" - it's totally out of fashion, but not old enough to be thought of as "vintage" or a "classic". Anyway, I still think its a nice sculpt and I am very pleased to have one in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely job. The emp champ is definitely one of my fav models...just wish his rules were a bit better (I'm a templar player). Very clean work here.

    ReplyDelete