Sunday 22 February 2015

Harlequin Test Mini No.2

Just a quick post this week. I've completed my second Harlequin test mini so I thought I'd post a few pictures. I am not entirely pleased with this mini, but I am still road-testing the paint scheme so that's to be expected. I really enjoyed doing the checks and this is definitely my favourite thing about doing Harlequins.
My first troupe is well on its way to being finished, and the whole squad will be my next blog post. I'll also post a final picture of the Troupe Leader who is having a bit more work before going into a painting competition in our local GW. I prefer to blog on a variety of models, but I am afraid that for a while its going to be Harlequins, Harlequins and more Harlequins while I work on what will be my third gaming army. (To my shame my Tau army remains less than half finished, but that will have to be tackled another time.)

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the new minis; but your painting is really nice :)

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I go through long phases of only painting vintage minis, but I am currently painting mostly modern stuff and I do really like these. I have a vintage Harlequin jetbike with the large joker face on the fuselage which I am really looking forward to getting my teeth into.

      Delete
  2. I'm the opposite, I think the new minis are totally hot. These wip/progress shots are great! I'm still envious of your diamond patterns. Also, I think the "normal" base works better than the purple one you had previously. I think the more basic design of the base is a nice counter to the colorful models themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the purple base was a failed experiment! The Troupe Leader will be rebased like this.

      Delete
  3. Mini looks great. I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow/gold, but I understand it's use in the mini to provide some high contrast/ trope style interest. Nice work on those checkers!

    ReplyDelete