Usually I can't raise much enthusiasm for power armour, but there's a lot of extra stuff on this mini that makes it a bit more fun, I had another go at Object Source Lighting from the green eye lenses onto the bone faceplate which was reasonably successful but difficult to see in this picture.
I set myself the challenge of doing a freehand Salamanders symbol which was well worth it in the end despite it looking like a happy crocodile for a while before I did some final tweaks!
I had toyed with the idea of a bone jump pack, but decided on a black one in the end so that I could get him ready for a game that I had coming up.
I've just taken delivery of a micro-pen which I will eventually try to use to do the traditional inscriptions on the scrolls. It didn't arrive quickly enough for this blog post so I may post an update when I have had time to play it properly.
As well as developing my freehand I've been working hard to improve my metallics recently. I was particularly pleased with the shoulder pad trim, although the crozius isn't looking that great.
Here he is leading his assault squad into battle.
Here he is in his blister. I love getting brand new metal minis out of old-fashioned blister packs because it reminds me of when I first got into the hobby. That said, the current range of GW plastics is absolutely top drawer and I am entirely convinced that plastic is the way forward. I took delivery of the new Harlequins on the first day of release and I cannot wait to get to grips with them.